Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Bond between Mother and Child (poem by me)

A Bond between Mother and Child

I've carried you 9 months in my womb
Safe and secure from the outside world
I nourished and loved you
even though I have never seen you
until one day you made your grand entrance
all wet and cold crying for attention
The doctor placed you in my arms
and for the first time I saw you, I vowed to keep you safe from harm.
Tired and exhausted from your birth
I knew I could love nothing more on this earth
As I placed you to my breast
it took you awhile for you to taste
When I gazed into your eyes
I knew there could be no greater bond
than that between a mother and a child.
As they take you and weigh you
I could never imagine how you managed to fit in my womb
but nonetheless, you are here my bundle of joy
you have brought so much love and happiness to us
you are truly a blessing from above.

written by LC 9/25/01

No comments: