Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dreams Gone By (poem by me)

Dreams Gone By

I sit here all alone
Thinking of the things that I’ve seen done
All the dreams that I’ve had are gone
I sit here wondering what happened to the love we had
Those endless nights of lovemaking, talking, and sharing
Making each other laugh when we felt like crying
When I had a long hard day
you walked in and smiled that sexy smile
and my troubles went away
The touch of your hand and the warmth of your kisses
Made me feel like I was special and the most luckiest woman in the world.
Now you have walked out the door
Your smiling face and your love for me won’t be there anymore
The fire is gone and we don’t know how to get it back
So now we must live our lives from each other
Trying to get rid of the hurt that was done to each other
So, I bid you farewell and hope that you will find another love
That can give you the love you always needed and wanted
As for me, I will sit here thinking of what went wrong
And learn from it so it won’t happen again
Getting stronger from this day by day
Learning how to get rid of the hurt
Learning how to maybe once again love
Thank you for letting me be a part of your life
I will cherish what time we had together
Our time is done
Now we must move on

Written by LC
November 2000

No comments: