Thursday, November 20, 2008

For my mother ( a poem written by me)

For my mother

You brought 4 children into this world
giving us all the love and compassion you had
you lost one of us at an early age
what a tragic loss you had to face
but you endured and surpassed it all
You molded us to do the best
You scolded us when we were bad
tears and laughter we once shared
joy and pain, our highs and our lows
You embraced us with open arms
loving us all from the bottom of your heart
You taught us to be strong
and also how to move on
We are what we are today
because of the love and compassion you shared
now it has come time
that we must let go
and bid you farwell
never more will we see your smiling face
or hear the laughter and joy in your voice
I will miss your loving embrace and support
You were not only my mother but also a good friend
I can only hope that I can be as good as a mother as you
and teach my children the things you taught me
I love you mother and thank you for having me and loving me.

Dedicated to my mother Kathy Ratcliff who died August 19, 2001

written by LC August 15, 2002

No comments: