Thursday, November 20, 2008

Do You Remember? ( a poem by me)

Do You Remember?

Do you remember us staying up till the break of dawn?
Laughing and talking till all night long.
Do you remember all the silly fights we had
Screaming and hollering when we were mad?
Now I look back and think that they were not so bad.
Do you remember all our clothes we had were hand me downs
Spending our summers with Grandma and her taking us into town?
Do you remember the beatings we got from dad
Even if it was over something not so bad?
Do you remember us being so close
Sharing each others dreams and thoughts?
Do you remember all the hateful things dad said?
He not only messed with our lives but also our heads.
Do you remember the day you told mom what I thought was my little secret?
How that day changed everyone’s lives, she only made me feel alone and rejected.
Do you remember always being able to stand your ground with dad?
You were never afraid to say what was on your mind.
Do you remember being so strong and in control?
I was so jealous of you and wished I could be like you.
Do you remember when things changed between us?
We were once close and then one day we were miles apart.
Tell me what happened that changed things between us.
Tell me do you remember?

Written by LC
November 6, 2004

No comments: